The Functional Mobility Clinic at Boston Children's is an interdisciplinary clinic which assesses the functional and equipment needs of patients with neuromuscular, musculoskeletal, and cardiopulmonary disorders.
Who can attend the clinic?
Criteria for participation include:
- Patients who may have the potential for power mobility
- Patients that have complex positioning needs
- Adults who have extensions of childhood disorders
What services are provided?
The clinic enhances the functional capabilities of severely disabled individuals through:
- A comprehensive interdisciplinary assessment of their seating and mobility needs
- Recommendations for appropriate equipment
- Comprehensive training program to the patient, family, and caregiver regarding the recommended equipment
- Ongoing follow-up appointments for re-evaluation and equipment modification
- Preparation of appropriate documentation for funding sources
When does the clinic meet?
The clinic is held once a month, the third Tuesday of the month.
How can I make an appointment to visit the clinic?
Patients must be referred to the clinic by their doctor. Please call 617-355-7212 for more information.