The Boston Children’s Hospital Pediatric Physical Therapy Residency Program is an American Physical Therapy Association, accredited program housed in the Department of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Services.
Boston Children’s Hospital (BCH) is one of the largest pediatric hospitals in the United States and a major teaching facility of Harvard Medical School. BCH is a comprehensive medical center for pediatric and adolescent health care, dedicated to excellence in patient care, teaching and research.
As a resident you will have access to all department resources which include highly qualified and experienced clinicians and faculty, extensive didactic experiences, teaching and research opportunities.
The mission of Boston Children’s Hospital Pediatric Physical Therapy Residency Program is to provide licensed physical therapists who have a strong interest in pediatrics, an opportunity for an advanced, intensive clinical and didactic training in order for them to become clinicians, researchers and educators of choice with a pediatric specialization.
- Graduate physical therapists from the residency that are prepared to pursue ABPTS certification in pediatric physical therapy.
- Provide opportunities to critically review evidence based literature and to contribute to this body of knowledge.
- Provide opportunities to engage in different models of service delivery in pediatric physical therapy.
- Prepare the resident to contribute to the profession through teaching.
- Consistently support the professional development and personal growth of the resident at all sites.
- Graduate of accredited physical therapy program
- One year experience a physical therapist with the equivalent of at least 6 months in pediatrics or an extended clinical pediatric internship 6 months.
- Meets all the requirements for employment at Boston Children’s Hospital
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in Massachusetts
- Current CPR certification
Submit completed RF-PTCAS application by deadline (https://portal.rfptcas.org/)
On-site interview required for final candidates
Highlights of the program include:
- Faculty includes 10 pediatric certified specialists and 2 orthopedic certified specialists
- Shared didactic experiences with Harvard Medical School Residency Programs (Orthopedic, Neurology, Pain)
- Teaching assistant as part of the department’s educational opportunities at area PT programs.
- Teaching selected components of Pediatric Neurological physical therapy course at Simmons College Physical Therapy Program
- Chronic Pediatric Pain Module at the Mayo Family Pediatric Pain Rehabilitation Pain Center at our Waltham campus
- Opportunity to participate in an adaptive dance program Participate in multidisciplinary clinics
- Participate in research
Application deadline: July 1, 2015
Residency dates: January 2016 - December 2016
Inquiries should be directed to:
Christine Ploski, PT, MS, PCS, MAc, LicAc
Physical Therapy Department
Boston Children's Hospital
300 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02115