Nurses undergo a comprehensive orientation period to introduce them to the Boston Children's team and to provide them with the information and support they need to succeed.
Registered Experienced Nurses
- Traditional instructor-led classroom activities
- On-line self-paced learning
- Cutting-edge simulation experiences.
- Highly specialized unit-based orientation, varying for each unit.
New Graduate Orientation Program
The New Graduate Orientation Program at Boston Children's is a comprehensive 14 week program that includes:
- Classroom style education
- Direct patient care
- Simulated learning experiences
- Preceptor and staff development faculty support
- Ongoing evaluation.
Boston Children’s Hospital nurses designed the Student Career Opportunity Outreach Program (SCOOP) to educate and inspire youth to consider nursing as a career.
The SCOOP program offers:
- School visits from Boston Children's SCOOP nurses
- Hospital field trips/panel to Boston Children’s
View SCOOP brochure
“My experience thus far has been too amazing to describe in words; this internship is by far the best job that I have ever had.” - Hannah Frasier, SN Northeastern University Class of 2013