Boston Children's Hospital, Department of Medicine Patient Services, is committed to increasing education in pediatric issues to community providers who care for them. These programs provide a comprehensive update of current trends and nursing/medical management of the pediatric population by Boston Children's Hospital specialists.
These programs are for:
- School Nurses
- Community Healthcare Providers
Is Your Staff Prepared?
Are you in compliance with Michael's Law? Do you have a 'response team' in the event of a crisis in your school?
If not.....CRM could be the answer!
Crisis Resource Management is a standardized approach to a difficult task using five principles that give you a common language that can be applied to any crisis. Simulation provides Teamwork training for the early detection and management of crisis events.
We have three modules available to meet your schools individual needs:
- Module # 1 is a 2 hour program designed to introduce participants to crisis management in the school setting. It is lecture format, covering the principles of CRM, the role of the school nurse in crisis management, and how to establish a response team in your school. Program cost is $500
- Module # 2 is a 3 hour program, lecture paired with simulation for school nurses with scenarios designed to enhance communication and delegation skills. Program Cost is $750
- Module # 3 is a 3 hour program, lecture paired with simulation for individual building-based response teams with scenarios designed to strengthen teamwork skills. Program cost is $750
*Module #2/3 are similar in that participants have an opportunity to actively engage in relevant scenarios designed to re-inforce communication, time management, critical thinking and leadership.
- Click here for our flyer - please pass along to your administration!
- Click here for the Crisis Resource Management request form
- Click here to read Michael's Law
Call today for more information or to schedule your program!
Have you booked your 2013/2014 School Professional Days?
Please take a moment to look over our Professional Development Program Information-If you are looking to hold a program with us next year we would love to start planning now!
*Please note: If you want Sept/Oct of 2014, requests need to be into us by mid June
See below for all info...
Wellness for School Nurses and Healthcare Providers 2013/2014
Class sizes are small - Save your spot today!!!
The Community Education Initiative is offering a Wellness Program for School Nurses and Providers. This is an opportunity for renewal and to refresh your energies as a school nurse-for yourself and your students, colleagues and family!
We will provide an opportunity for you to learn new ways of incorporating balance in your life and the lives of others. Refresh your energy, renew your spirit, gain a new awareness and leave with a sense of relaxation. Come with an open heart and the intention to learn something new!!
Click here for our Wellness flyer!!
Evening lecture series
4pm to 7-pm - Boston Children's Hospital@ Waltham, Deveber Conference Room, $65 per session
- October 30th - Mitochondrial Disease
- November 13th - Negotiating Skills
- December 11th - Aromatherapy
- January 29th - Rheumatology
- February 26th - Sickle Cell Disease
- March 26th - Pediatric Obesity
- April 30th - A Sleep in the City - The Adverse Health Consequences of Sleep Deprivation of Urban Youth
- May 21st - Young Women's Health Issues
Check out the winter 2014 flyer here OR Spring 2014 flyer here
The CEI Evening Lecture Series is headed west! Check out the flyer here for information on our collaboration with the University of Massachusetts Amherst College of Nursing!
Caring for Students with Disabilities in the School Setting:
A Collaboration of the Community Education Initiative, LEND Boston and Northeastern University School Health Institute
The complete Six-session program meets the DESE license renewal requirements for 15 PDPs related to "training in strategies for effective schooling for students with disabilities and instruction of students with diverse learning styles"
Click here for flyer with topics offered
Click here for registration via School Health Institute's website