Childhood Obesity in the Community: Turning Science Into Care
Join us as we bring together community leaders, health care providers and researchers to explore new approaches to the prevention and treatment of childhood obesity. This unique conference will focus on the underlying science, challenges in practical application, and outcomes measurement to empower participants combating pediatric obesity in the community.
Thursday, October 10 through Friday, October 11, 2013
Boston Marriott Long Wharf on Boston's beautiful waterfront and across from the historic Quincy Market.
The conference costs $150 to attend, including all speaking events, breakfast, and lunch. If you register by 5:00pm EST on August 15th, you can sign up for only $100 - a $50 Early Bird Savings!
LEARN MORE AND REGISTER
Please Register or Click Here for More Information.
SPREAD THE WORD
We invite you to share this event with your peers! Have them visit http://www.regonline.com/pediatric-obesity-conference to learn more.
New Balance Foundation Obesity Prevention Center
Boston Children's "Steps Up to the Plate" to battle obesity
As the national leader in the fight against childhood obesity, the New Balance Foundation Obesity Prevention Center Boston Children's Hospital is dedicated to educating others—from parents and educators to clinicians, legislators and the general public—about scientifically-proven approaches to obesity treatment and prevention.
In this spirit, on November 18 the Center hosted "Step Up to the Plate," an expert panel discussion that offered a practical perspective on the USDA's new dietary guidelines for kids. The panel also examined MyPlate, the color-coded successor to the Food Pyramid icon.
Hosted by Center director David Ludwig, MD, PhD, the event featured remarks by:
- Jody Adams, acclaimed local chef and owner of Rialto Restaurant
- Cara Ebbeling, PhD, associate director for Research and Training at the New Balance Foundation Obesity Prevention Center Boston Children's Hospital
- Barbara Ferrer, PhD, MPH, MEd, executive director of the Boston Public Health Commission
- Sam Kass, assistant White House chef and senior policy adviser for Health Food Initiatives
- Eric Rimm, ScD, associate professor of Epidemiology and Nutrition at Harvard School of Public Health
Learn more about "Step Up to the Plate."
View the event menu (.pdf file).
Download Jody Adams' healthy recipes