What is the Pediatric Pacemaker/ICD Camp?
This special camp provides a unique opportunity for children with implanted pacemakers and defibrillators, many of whom also have congenital heart disease, to experience organized activities and outdoor adventure that they may not be able to at regular camps.
In the past eight years, camps have been a tremendous success, and continue to be an anticipated highlight for many children. Camp is a magical place where children explore the outdoors, try unique and challenging activities, make new friends, and learn about themselves. For many children, camp is one of the most memorable experiences of their lives.
We strive to foster growth in each camper's self-confidence, sense of responsibility, understanding of others, and decision making skills while helping them enjoy camp's fun and excitement. Our philosophy of our adventure program is to provide children with a wide array of activities and experiences that supports them in choosing and celebrating their own level of challenge in a safe and supportive community environment.
We strive to provide the highest quality camp experience for children. Thanks to our generous donors, there is no charge for attending this wonderful camp!
Crossroads for Kids has created various programs and activities for campers of all ages to participate in. Whether you're interested in exploring the ocean life at Duxbury Beach, climbing to the top of a 30-foot-wall, kayaking or canoeing around Keene Pond, or shooting hoops at Cleary's Courts, Camp Wing offers it all to its campers!
The fun doesn't stop after the sun goes down either! Camp Wing has different evening programs for everyone to attend and enjoy as well!
- 220 Acres of woods and lakes
- Miles of walking/biking/running trails
- Large fields for various recreational activities
- Outdoor swimming pool
- 60-acre pond for canoeing and kayaking
- Dining hall that provides and serves 3 hearty, nutritious meals a day
- Cabins with bunk-beds, electricity and bathroom facilities
Health & Safety
- Full-time resident nurse onsite
- Electrophysiology medical personnel
- On-call physician and emergency medical facility
- All staff are CPR/first-aid trained and certified