At Boston Children’s, we know how difficult it is for everyone in the family when a child is living with a craniofacial deformity. Our pediatric craniofacial specialists are always available to offer a second opinion for your child and to set up a consultation.
Please call us at 617-355-6309 or use our “Request an appointment” form if you would like a second opinion on a diagnosis, or possible diagnosis, of a craniofacial anomaly in your child.
So that we can make the most accurate assessment possible, please be sure to have a full summary of your child’s initial diagnosis on hand. In addition, please gather as much of the following information as you can before calling us or coming to your first appointment:
- your child’s full name, address and date of birth
- your (or, if you are not the child’s parent/legal guardian, the official guardian’s) full name, address, phone number and relationship to the child
- your insurance provider’s name (for example, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts),the name of the specific plan covering the child (for example, HMO Blue), and your subscriber identification number
- the name, address, and phone number of your child’s primary care physician
- the name, address, and phone number of your child’s referring physician (if different from the primary care provider)
- your child’s diagnosis (or working diagnosis)
- a list of your child’s presenting symptoms
- previous x-ray, dental films and MRI or CT scan films
- previous lab work reports
- operative notes (if your child has undergone prior surgery)