Welcome to Boston Children’s Hospital’s Cochlear Implant Program. Our interdisciplinary program is located within the Department of Otolaryngology and Communication Enhancement and recognized as the largest and most comprehensive pediatric cochlear implant program in New England.
Our expert staff is skilled in the use of advanced hearing technologies, and provides unparalleled and compassionate care to hearing impaired and deaf children.
To schedule an appointment or speak with a member of our team, call 781-216-2250.
Our Cochlear Implant Program is designed to give your child the tools she needs to understand language and learn to communicate effectively and confidently.
Our interdisciplinary team provides:
- comprehensive evaluation by an audiologist, speech and language pathologist, psychologist and otolaryngologist (ear, nose and throat doctor)
- assessment of your child's language skills and potential to benefit from a cochlear implant
- comprehensive information about all educational and communication options available for your child
- cochlear implant candidacy evaluation and surgery
- cochlear implant programming or “mapping services”, ongoing care, professional support and education to families following cochlear implant surgery