At Dana-Farber/Boston Children's Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, we understand a brain tumor diagnosis is difficult to face, and we are available to offer a consultation or second opinion for your child. Our brain tumor treatment team meets weekly to review new cases and provide treatment recommendations. The team reviews cases each Thursday. Information must arrive to us by Monday of review week. Physicians strive to communicate recommendations by Tuesday of the following week.
To receive a consultation or second opinion for your child, please contact us at 617-632-2680.
After we speak with you, we will ask you to complete a form providing:
- your child's name, gender, and date of birth
- your address
- parent or guardian contact information
- insurance information
- Date of diagnosis
- Date of most recent MRI
- Date of last surgery
- Brief summary of cancer diagnosis
- Current/planned therapy
We also will ask you to send us:
- MRI scans from diagnosis to present – Please have films digitized (put on CD) in DICOM format. You can mail or upload through the web. (Please email email@example.com for a link to upload MRIs.)
- Pathology slides and associated reports (if tissue was removed) – If physicians must evaluate pathology slides and films, fees are associated with the review. Please contact your insurance company regarding coverage.
- Operative note (if surgery was performed)
- Radiation therapeutic summary (if the child received radiation therapy)
- Planning notes
- Start and end dates of therapy
- Type(s) of radiation with dosage(s)
- Copy of chemotherapy protocol (if the child received chemotherapy)
- Chemotherapeutic agents with dates and doses
International patients must be registered through our International Patient Services.
Pediatric Brain Tumor Center
Dana-Farber/Boston Children’s Cancer and Blood Disorders Center
450 Brookline Avenue, DA3
Boston, MA 02115