This program includes partnerships with 12 primary and secondary schools in Boston’s urban core.
In these schools, Children’s Hospital Boston clinicians, in collaboration with school staff, provide mental health prevention and promotion activities, early intervention services, and clinical assessment and treatment services to children in their educational home. Children’s clinicians also provide mental health training and consultation to school staff.
Our service delivery and program model (click for larger version)
The School-Based Program includes two specialized components:
Community Health Center Program
The Community Health Center Program includes partnerships with 4 community health centers in Boston, Jamaica Plain, and Roxbury. BCH child and adolescent psychiatrists work on-site to provide early identification, assessment, treatment, and care coordination services to children and adolescents receiving primary medical care at the health centers. The psychiatrists also provide mental health training and consultation to health center staff.
CHNP partners with four community health centers and 12 Boston public schools (both district and charter), including elementary, middle and high schools. We also have partnerships with several universities and community organizations.
Health Center Partners
University Training Partners
Community Organization Partners
Children’s Hospital Neighborhood Partnerships was created as an innovative community mental health program to reach children where they live and learn.
We are indebted to countless individuals and partnerships both within and outside Boston Children’s Hospital for contributing to the program’s success:
- At Boston Children’s Hospital, we thank James Mandell, MD, CEO, and Sandra Fenwick, President and COO, for their steadfast support.
- M. Laurie Cammisa, Esq., Vice President of the Office of Child Advocacy, and her staff have been instrumental in supporting our efforts in the Boston community.
- The efforts of Janet Cady, Lynn Susman and their staff at the Children’s Hospital Trust have been critically important to sustaining CHNP.
- We thank Joshua Greenberg, Esq., Vice President of the Office of Government Relations, and his staff in our joint efforts to impact child mental health care in the Commonwealth and across the nation.
- Additionally, we are grateful to Margaret Coughlin, Senior Vice President of Marketing, and the Children's Marketing and Communications Department for their support.
A special "thank you" goes to the foundations and philanthropic donors supporting CHNP. We would not exist if not for your generous contributions to this important work:
- Aetna Foundation
- Bronner Charitable Foundation
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Gloria L. and Charles I. Clough Foundation
- George Harrington Trust
- Jane’s Trust
- Josephine & Louise Crane Foundation
- JP Morgan
- Karp Family Foundation
- Marion Boynton Trust
- Newman’s Own
- James and Kimberly Pallotta
- Peoples Federal Savings Bank
- Sidney A. Swensrud Foundation
- Tudor Foundation
- Robin and Marc Wolpow
Our longstanding partnerships with schools and health centers greatly contribute to CHNP’s success:
- In the Boston Public Schools, we thank Dr. Carol Johnson, John Verre and Andria Amador for their support and partnership.
- We extend our gratitude to all of the headmasters, principals, teachers and staff in our partner schools.
- We also thank the leadership and staff at the community health centers.
- Lastly and most importantly, we thank all the children and families we work with in the Boston community.