The Division of Endocrinology at Boston Children’s Hospital is home to specialized programs designed to offer expert, compassionate care to children and families:
Innovative Programs within the Division of Endocrinology
The Bone Health Program provides comprehensive evaluations and treatment to children and adolescents who have, or are at risk for, low bone density.
- The Diabetes Program empowers children to lead healthy lives by effectively managing their diabetes or other disorders of carbohydrate metabolism.
- The Disorders of Sexual Development (DSD) and Gender Management Service (GeMS) is the first major program in the United States to focus on gender identity disorder in children and adolescents.
- The Neuroendocrinology Program offers comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of endocrine disorders related to hypothalamic and pituitary region tumors, as well as the endocrine late effects of the treatments of other hematologic disorders and malignancies.
- The Optimal Weight for Life (OWL) Program is a multidisciplinary clinic dedicated to treating children who are overweight or obese, and/or who have or are at risk for type 2 diabetes.
The Thyroid Program is one of the only centers in the United States exclusively devoted to the care of children with thyroid diseases.
- The General Endocrinology Program at Boston Children's Hospital is a multi-disciplinary program dedicated to the care of infants, children, adolescents and young adults with a wide range of endocrinological disorders.