Boston Children’s Hospital is a leader in pediatric care and at the forefront of clinical research and innovation.
Ranked #1 by U.S. News & World Report as the top pediatric hospital for urology, our Department continues to refine our techniques and conduct research to develop more effective therapies. More specifically, our research focuses on tissue engineering, proteomics (the study of proteins) and the function of the bladder.
Other current research includes:
Innovations in health services research include:
- The use and quality of radiation-intensive imaging studies varies widely among treatment centers, resulting in highly variable radiation exposure in children. At Boston Children’s, we use the lowest and safest doses of radiation.
- Radiation exposure during kidney stone surgery can be reduced up to 80 percent.
- Quality of pediatric urology care appears to be higher at high-volume specialty pediatric centers. In other words, the largest pediatric centers provide the best pediatric care. Let us care for your child.
Patient and family satisfaction is a key component of health care quality. With this in mind, our group has designed a number of assessment tools to measure and enhance the satisfaction of families with the care provided. These tools include:
- a rigorous measurement of satisfaction during genitourinary or urogenital system imaging tests
- an assessment of family satisfaction with both surgical and post-operative care after minor surgery such as circumcision
- creation of educational tools for parent education after outpatient surgery
- feedback from families regarding appointments