The members of the Department of Urology at Boston Children's Hospital are available to answer questions, by phone or by e-mail. Faculty members are also involved in educational programs, courses and research projects.
The department has state of the art facilities, that include:
- Pediatric outpatient urology clinics in Boston, Waltham, Lexington, Peabody, Weymouth, Brockton, Norwood, North Dartmouth, Leominster, Nashua (NH), and Bedford (NH)
- A comprehensive urodynamics laboratory
- Outpatient surgery in our Boston and Waltham locations
- A high-definition, da Vinci robotic surgical system
- Advanced uroradiology units in Boston, Waltham, and Peabody.
The Department of Urology at Boston Children's Hospital is dedicated to providing the best clinical and research training experience in pediatric urology. Our program was established in 1979 by Dr. Alan Retik. We offer a 3-year fellowship experience for two fellows per year. The first two years are dedicated to basic science or clinical research. The third year is ACGME-accredited and devoted to clinical training.
Fellowship Program Information
Resident & Medical Student Training
Residents from urology training programs in the Boston area rotate through Children's, and third- and fourth-year students at Harvard Medical School, as well as students from across the United States and abroad, take part in the hospital's urology elective. In addition, the department's laboratory offers a research elective to undergraduate students from Harvard University and other universities, as well as medical students and residents from a variety of training programs.