Leading the way
Families from across the U.S. and around the globe come to the Department of Urology at Boston Children’s Hospital for their children’s care. Ranked #1 in urology by U.S. News & World Report, our specialists diagnose, treat and care for infants, children and adolescents with issues affecting the urinary tract, bladder and kidneys.
Whether your child has a common condition such as bedwetting or urinary tract infections, or a rare, more complex condition such as hydronephrosis, blockages in the urinary tract and other conditions requiring surgery, we are here to help.
Our Department is staffed by experienced and caring physicians who are teachers, leaders and innovators dedicated to providing state-of-the-art urologic care, surgical expertise and research in all aspects of pediatric urology.
Boston Children’s is home to the largest pediatric urology department in the world. We perform more than 3,100 surgical procedures and care for almost 15,000 children worldwide each year.
Many urology "firsts" happened here including:
- first Department of Pediatric Urology at a major children's hospital
- first to perform minimally invasive surgery using tissue engineering to correct vesicoureteral reflux
- first laparoscopic removal of a kidney in a child in the eastern U.S.
- first bladder exstrophy support group and comprehensive care program
Boston Children’s Urology Department is committed to patient- and family-centered care delivered by a collaborative team of experts. We proudly offer:
- world-renowned pediatric board-certified doctors who have dedicated their careers to caring for children
- a Urology Department that has been caring for children for over 30 years
- ongoing communication with your child’s primary care physician
- the most advanced options catered to your child’s condition should your child require surgery
- knowledgeable and helpful staff to help with appointments and insurance questions
- a highly trained team of nurses, nurse practitioners, social workers and child life specialists available to help your child through tests or procedures
To schedule a urology appointment, please call 617-355-7796.