We strive to make you and your child's experience coming here, and staying here, as pleasant and stress-free as possible.
Here are some helpful links:
Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment. Traffic and parking in the Longwood Medical Area can be difficult and take more time than anticipated. Please take this into account when you leave for your visit.
Parking is available in the Boston Children's Parking Garage at a discounted rate with a validated ticket.
Our Plastic and Oral Surgery offices
Did you know? If you have an iPhone or Android smartphone, you can download Boston Children's MyWay—a free mobile app that will help you navigate the hospital, find places to park, dine and shop and more.
The Department of Plastic and Oral Surgery is located in the Hunnewell Building on the first floor.
- Enter the hospital through the main entrance and walk up the grand staircase on your left.
- Proceed through the doors at the top of the stairs then turn left.
- Continue past the ATMs on your left.
- Follow the hallway and take a left before the restrooms, between the elevator and the restrooms.
- Take the elevator or staircase down to floor 1R.
- Proceed directly down the hallway across from the elevator.
- Go through the door at the end of the hallway.
- Our check-in/waiting area is through the second door, directly ahead.
You may call the clinic from any in-hospital phone by dialing 5-7252. We look forward to seeing you!
Checking in upon arrival
When you arrive to the office in the Hunnewell Building, 1st floor, check in at the front desk. There, one of our staff will verify your personal information and collect the copayment for your visit. You will then be asked to complete a few forms, including a history and physical form answering questions about your health history. To save time at check-in, print and fill out these forms ahead of time and bring them with you.
Checklists and forms
Below we have provided useful checklists and forms to help you prepare for your appointment
After your child's visit
After the doctor has seen your child, you may need to stop at the front desk to make a follow-up appointment. At any time, please do not hesitate to ask one of our staff for assistance or information.
We hope that your visit with us went as smoothly as possible. We welcome your comments and suggestions regarding your experience with the Department of Plastic and Oral Surgery.
- Did you and your child receive the best care and customer service at your visit? We would like to hear about it.
- Do you have suggestions for how we can better exceed your expectations in regards to our customer service?
Please email Kevin Pawl, our department administrator, with your feedback.
Join us on Facebook
Want to stay on top of the latest news and connect with other families?