Physician-scientist Elizabeth Blume, MD, medical director of the Heart Transplant Program
Each specialist within the Pediatric Transplant Center has at least two fields of expertise. One is providing compassionate care to families. The other is learning more about the diseases and treatments that have brought them to Boston Children’s.
Meet our team of physician-scientists
Click the name of a specialist below to learn about their research or clinical work:
- Elizabeth Blume, MD – medical director of the Heart Transplant Program
- Kevin Daly, MD – transplant cardiologist
- Francis Fynn-Thompson, MD - surgical director of the Heart and Lung Transplant Program
- William Harmon, MD – medical director of the Kidney Transplant Program
- Maureen Jonas, MD – medical director of the Liver Transplant Program
- Heung Bae Kim, MD – director of the Pediatric Transplant Center; surgical director of the Liver, Intestine & Multivisceral and Kidney Transplant Programs
- John Mayer, Jr., MD – heart transplant surgeon
- Khashayar Vakili, MD – liver transplant surgeon
- Gary Visner, DO - medical director of the Lung Transplant Program
Transplantation Research Program
To maximize our potential to accelerate discovery and ultimately to improve care of transplant patients, the Department of Medicine at Boston Children’s Hospital launched the Transplant Research Program. Our Transplant Research Program provides a rich environment for scientists and physicians to collaborate about matters related to transplantation and immunology. Visit our website to learn more about the researchers and the work being done.