Orthopedic Center Outpatient Visits
What to expect upon arrival?
- When you arrive at the Orthopedic Center you will first be seen at the check-in desk.
- We will verify personal and insurance information and collect the co-pay for your visit.
- You will then proceed to the waiting area.
- During this time you will be asked to answer questions regarding your child's health history.
What to expect at your appointment
- Once you are called into the exam room, the clinical assistant (CA) will obtain your child's height, weight and temperature.
- Your child may then be examined by a nurse practitioner (NP) or orthopedic resident before being seen by your physician.
- If x-rays are needed, you will be sent to radiology and then return to the orthopedic center. If you have other x-rays or studies (such as MRIs, CT scans, and bone scans) regarding your child's visit, please bring them with you.
- Please bring your insurance card with you to every visit.
- At every visit, we verify your personal and insurance information to ensure accuracy.
- If your insurance, address or phone number should change, please contact us so that we can update this information. This will help us in the event that we need to contact you to change your appointment.
- If x-rays are needed on your return visit, please plan to arrive at least 45 minutes before your child's scheduled appointment. Traffic and parking in the Longwood Medical Area can often be congested. Please take this into account when your leave for your visit.