The goal of C4-MNP pilot testing was to implement benchmarking of quality measures in 15 units (acute care and intensive care) across 9 pediatric cardiovascular programs in free-standing children’s hospitals. The complete set of 10 measures was tested at participating pilot sites. Nursing representatives from each site led the implementation of the measures and data collection at their site. Site representatives entered their data into a limited-access database designed for the C4-MNP project using REDCap, a secure electronic data capture software at Boston Children’s Hospital.
Below are the 10 quality measures pilot-tested in 2016. Click on the measure to view detailed measurement plans.
1. Health of the work environment
2. Overall years of nursing experience
3. Bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) education
4. Nursing certification
5. Nursing staff turnover
6. Weight gain within 72 hours of discharge
7. Feeding safety
8. Utilization of early warning scores
9. Pain scores decreased within 60 minutes
10. Device-related pressure ulcers