Biotech and Other Businesses
- Spencer Borden IV, MD, MBA (1971) - Senior Managing Scientist, Exponent Consulting and Director of Employer Outcomes Research, Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems, Inc. Previously, Senior Medical Consultant of Watson Wyatt Worldwide; Medical Director of Value Health Sciences, MediQual Systems and of AEtna Life Insurance Company; and CEO, Integrity Consulting. Emeritus Chair, Depts of Pediatric Radiology, CHOP & MGH
- Kenneth M. Borow, MD (1977) - President and CEO, Encomium Group, Inc. Previously, President and CEO, Covalent Group, Inc
- Michael J. Brownstein, MD, PhD (1974) - Co-Founder and Chairman of the Board, Alluvium Biosciences. Previously, Chief Scientific Officer, Exponential Biotherapies, Bethesda, MD. Director of Functional Genomics, J Craig Venter Institute, Rockville, MD. and Chief, Laboratory of Genetics, NIMH/NHGRI, NIH
- R. Alan B. Ezekowitz, MB ChB, DPhil (1988) - President, Co-Founder and CEO, Abide Therapeutics. Previously, Senior Vice President and Franchise Head, Immunology, Respiratory and Endocrine, Merck Research Laboratories. Chief, Department of Pediatrics, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard
- Roslyn Feder, MD, PhD (1988) - Senior Vice President for External Development at Bristol-Myers Squibb
- William H. Harris, MD, PhD (1984) - Co-Founder, President and Chief Scientific Officer, MariCal, Inc., Portland, ME
- Allen J. Hinkle, MD (1979) - Executive Vice President and Medical Affairs Officer, MVP Health Care. Previously, Sr Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, Tufts Health Plan and Senior Medical Director and Vice President of Health Care Quality, Policy and Innovations at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.
- David S. Hodes, MD (1972) - Previously, Medical Director, Roche Laboratories. Chief, Emeritus Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Mt Sinai
- Anula Jayasuriya, MD, PhD, MBA (1992) - Life science private equity and venture capital investor with ATP Capital in San Francisco. Co-founder and Managing Director of the Evolvence India Life Science Fund, based in Hyderabad. Previously a partner with Skyline Ventures, a principal with Techno Venture Management, and Vice President and Head of Corporate Development for Genomics Collaborative.
- Cameron “Geoff” McDonough, MD (1997) - Chief Executive Officer and President at Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB. He also held several senior leadership positions at Genzyme Corporation and is currently its President of Organization in Europe.
- Linda McKibben, MD, DrPh, MPH (1986) - Medical Officer, Food and Drug Administration. Principal, Linda McKibben, Health Policy & Research Consulting. Previously, Vice President, The Lewin Group (Health Care and Human Services Consulting) and Senior Advisor on Health Services Research in the Office of the Director of the Division of Health Quality Promotion at the CDC's National Center for Infectious Diseases
- Mark C. Rogers, MD (1972) - Accounts Manager of AtCor Medical Limited. Previously, CEO of Paramount Capital, Chairman and CEO of Bradmer Pharmaceuticals; Chairman of Cardiome Pharma Corp. Founder, Officer or Director at Genta Inc., Adherex Technologies Inc., PolaRx Biopharmaceuticals Inc., and Aptamera; Sr VP and CTO, Perkin-Elmer Corp; President, Paramount Capital; Chairman of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Johns Hopkins; Vice Chancellor of Health Systems, Duke Univ. Med. Ctr and CEO Duke Hospital
- James (Jim) Woody, MD, PhD (1971) - Venture Capital Partner, Latterell Venture Partners, Menlo Park, CA Formerly President of Roche Bioscience in Palo Alto, California. Previously, Chief Scientific Officer and Senior Vice President of R&D for Centocor
Return to examples of careers.