Glomerular Filtration Rate Test (GFR)
A glomerular filtration rate test (GFR) is a nuclear medicine test that measures the function of the kidneys.
How Boston Children's Hospital approaches GFRs
The Division of Nuclear Medicine at Children's is committed to providing a safe, comfortable, and child-friendly atmosphere with:
- specialized nuclear medicine physicians with expertise in interpreting GFRs in children of all ages
- certified nuclear medicine technologists with years of experience imaging children and teens
- child life specialists to help families prior to and during exams
- equipment adapted for pediatric use, which means age-appropriate care for children
- protocols that keep radiation exposure as low as reasonably achievablewhile assuring high image quality.