A Gallium scan is a nuclear medicine test used to detect certain cancers and infections.
How Boston Children's Hospital approaches Gallium scans
Our Division of Nuclear Medicine is committed to providing families with a safe, comfortable and child-friendly atmosphere with:
- specialized nuclear medicine physicians with expertise in interpreting Gallium scans in children of all ages
- certified nuclear medicine technologists with years of experience imaging children and teens
- Child Life specialists to help families prior to and during exams
- equipment designed adapted for pediatric use, which means age-appropriate care for children
- protocols that keep radiation exposure as low as reasonably achievablewhile assuring high image quality