Facial cuts and wounds
The following are a few guidelines for preventing facial injuries in children:
- Teach your child not to poke or place objects in the ears or nose, such as cotton swabs or pencils.
- Teach your child not to walk or run while holding an object in his mouth.
- Teach your child not to suck or chew on hard, sharp or pointed objects.
- Have your child wear protective eye, ear, or face guards for sports activities that could cause injury.
- To prevent injury to the external ear, have your child's ears pierced professionally and take care of them.