Boston Children's Hospital has a number of programs that can help teenage parents, including the Children's Adolescent/Young Adult Medical Practice, which provides counseling on birth control to adolescents and young adults and provides counseling and treatment services to teenage women who are pregnant.
Click here to read about our Young Parents Program.
- Two out of every five young women become pregnant at least once before they reach the age of 20.
- The United States has the highest rate of teen pregnancy and births in the western, industrialized world.
- Teen mothers are less likely to complete high school.
- Teen mothers are more likely to end up on welfare.
- Children born from teen pregnancies have lower birth weights, are more likely to perform poorly in school, and are at greater risk for abuse and neglect.
Boston Children's Hospital has a number of programs that can help teenage parents deal with teen pregnancy.