Ultrasound is an imaging technology that uses high frequency sound waves to view internal organs and produce diagnostic pictures of the body.
- Ultrasound machines produce no radiation.
- Ultrasound exams are painless.
How Boston Children's Hospital approaches ultrasonography
The Ultrasound Division is designed, equipped and staffed to obtain high-quality ultrasound images of infants and children of any size who have a variety of medical and surgical conditions. Our division features:
- Highly trained pediatric radiologists with expertise in performing and interpreting ultrasound studies in infants and children of all ages
- Pediatric sonographers with years of experience
- In conjunction with the Advanced Fetal Care Center at Children's, radiologists and technologists who care for infants and children on a daily basis, also perform fetal ultrasound examinations.