What are the symptoms of septate uterus?
- unusual pain before or during a menstrual period.
- a tampon may not prevent menstrual blood from leaking out.
What causes septate uterus?
- A septate uterus forms during embryological development when the tubes that eventually become one uterus don't fuse together properly.
- The cause of this genetic abnormality is unknown.
Will a septate uterus affect sexual and reproductive life?
- Having a septate uterus doesn't affect a woman's sexual pleasure or fertility.
- Women with a septate uterus can have a normal reproductive life, but it may add complications to pregnancy. There is a higher risk for miscarriage, premature labor or breech presentation (when the baby's feet come out first), which usually requires a Caesarean section.