You spend a lot of time addressing the needs of children with developmental disorders. Despite this, too many of our patients have developmental needs that could be identified and addressed earlier, including autism spectrum disorders.
A specific autism screening tool, along with a developmental screening tool, helps you meet that need. Drawing from our real-world experience implementing a screening program at Boston Children's Hospital Primary Care Center, this online tool kit addresses the issues of time, resources, and budget, and it will help you:
- Understand the need for validated and routine developmental screening;
- Become familiar with screening tools that can be used in primary care;
- Choose strategies for implementing a new tool in the primary care setting;
- Overcome obstacles integrating routine screening into practice;
- Create a referral system for management of children identified with possible developmental needs.