The mission of Boston Children's Hospital Archives is to support the goals of Children's by identifying, collecting, preserving and making accessible the non-current records of permanent administrative, legal, fiscal and historical value to hospital community.
- collects records of administrators, physicians and staff, dating from the hospital's founding in 1869 to the present
- provides adequate facilities for the retention, preservation, and research use of such records
- serves as a research center for the use of hospital staff, patients, students, scholars and the general public
- serves in public relations capacity by promoting knowledge and understanding of the origins, programs and goals of Children's
- strives to facilitate the efficient management of information and records produced by the hospital's departments, offices and units.