Families from around the corner and across the globe come to Boston Children's Hospital for medical treatment. They come with different diagnoses, often speaking different languages and observing different cultural traditions, but what brings them together is their search for the best possible health care for their children.
At Children's, we believe that treating patients based on their individual needs is absolutely essential. In taking our own differences and those of our patient families into account, we greatly enhance the quality of the care we provide every day. We embrace our diversity to not only deliver the best care, but also to make Children's a better place to work. In this publication, you will read about our many efforts to ensure that we deliver culturally competent care in a welcoming environment, including:
- Fostering respect for cultural differences in the delivery of care
- Providing access to the best care for all children
- Promoting health and wellness to families in our community
- Building an inclusive workforce that reflects the families we serve
- Ensuring equity in health outcomes for all racial and ethnic groups
Embracing our differences brings us together, making the whole more vital and powerful than its parts. At Children's, we try every day to draw on this power and vitality because we believe it reflects our common humanity and is fundamental in treating all children in need.
Chief Executive Officer
President and Chief Operating Officer