The OCH is responsible for understanding current and emerging community-identified health needs and how to best address those needs by bringing together hospital and community-based resources. The OCH role includes:
- Addressing health disparities and supporting efforts to improve population health
- Building capacity and strengthening community health centers
- Identifying and stewarding resources and support for community health
- Engaging, supporting and evaluating community programs and services enterprise-wide to address community needs
- Supporting Boston Children’s at Martha Eliot as a cornerstone for community health
- Leveraging and supporting community partnerships to broaden reach and impact
- Maintaining strong relationships with community and city leaders and organizations
- Fostering the hospital's reputation as a committed community partner through communications and reporting activities
- Influencing changes to improve care and support for children and families
Community Health Milestones
Click here to view a list of Boston Children's key milestones in community health.
We value working collaboratively and in partnership with the community. We will develop strong relationships with organizations and groups that care for children and families because we believe that we work best together to meet the needs of children and families.
Patient -and community centered
Our community health programs, services and partnerships are focused on children and families. We want to provide care and services in the settings where children live and learn.
We value integrity and we will work to widely share information about Boston Children’s approach to meeting community needs and the impact of our community health programs and services.
We tackle the most pressing community health issues the same way we would treat any disease –with innovative approaches based on best practices.
We believe in excellence in everything that we do from listening to community residents about their concerns, providing services in schools or in community settings and building relationships with our partners.
We trust and respect the diversity of opinions and experiences of our multi-cultural, racial and ethnic community.
Meet our Team
Shari Nethersole, MD
Executive Director for Community Health
Director of Family, Youth and Community Programs
Communications and Project Manager
Director of Community Relations and Partnerships
Manager of City Government Relations
Manager of Health Center Relations and Health Operations
Office of Community Health
Boston Children's Hospital
300 Longwood Avenue, BCH 3173
Boston, MA 02115
Main Phone: 617-919-3055